Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Tips for you until help arrives
Most Important Tips:
- Shut off the source of water.
- Turn off the electrical breaker(s) to water areas.
- Always keep safety in mind.
- Soak up as much excess water as possible.
- Lift wet upholstery cushions to limit further moisture build-up.
- Move personal items including documents to a dry location.
- Lift any curtains and other fabrics off the carpet.
- Limit access in effected areas, especially when ceilings are wet.
- Don’t use electrical outlets
- Don’t walk through rooms that have suffered damage.
- Don’t leave items in effected areas.
- Don’t use ceiling fans if ceiling is effect by water damage.
Call Us Today in Case of A Water Emergency (503) 393-9999.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (503) 393-9999
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.