Why Kitchen Water Damage is Often the Most Costly!
When we think about the kitchen in a home we think about cooking, food, dishes, and appliances.
Often these days we also think about the finishes in the kitchen. It’s fairly common for counters to be made of Quartz, Marble, or Granite. Also cabinets have become more costly in the last decade, and even more costly in the last year with the lumber prices skyrocketing. Often the thing people splurge on is the appliances in a kitchen, which can run anywhere from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars.
The average cost of a kitchen renovation today in America is $22,184 dollars. Or roughly $150 dollars per square foot! This makes the kitchen the most expensive square footage in your home. With bathrooms only coming in at $18,000 (Master Bath, much less for guest bath).
So taking all the costs into account, it’s easy to understand how a customer can be very upset when we arrive onsite at a water loss in a kitchen. Many times water losses in kitchens means we have to take out all flooring and cabinets to dry the underpayment (and sometimes subfloor!) Most of the time water losses in kitchens are due to dishwashers, refrigerators, insta-hot devices, and freezers. Sometimes kitchen losses are due to an adjoining laundry room having a water loss from the washer.
This is why our SERVPRO technicians will try and dry wooden floors in place if possible. It saves the homeowner time without a kitchen if it can be achieved, and also many times saves the customer from having to file a costly claim with their homeowners insurance.
If the water is contaminated, that is another situation entirely, and SERVPRO always recommends that the flooring be removed and replaced if saturated beneath the surface area.
A Team that Responds Like Family!
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work!
Here at our SERVPRO we are often getting many kudos and heart felt welcomes. Here are a few from this past week;
Best team ever! Kesha and Cody were AMAZING! They are so friendly and were comfortable to be around and funny! Such a good team! Very willing to do anything that was needed such as moving my furniture a couple time lol THIS TEAM IS AWESOME! Awesome staff and service! SERVPRO did such a great job with communication and has an extremely kind and professional staff. They would even communicate over the weekends if we had any questions. This is the second time we used them in a disaster situation, and they were just as great as the first time. A+ service and would highly recommend them to anyone! Residential Service. Mindy and Hope were awesome! Efficient, hardworking, considerate. This SERVPRO team exceeded expectations.
This starts at our Company Culture Level. Here at SERVPRO we individually work hand in hand with each of our team members to see that they are growing and feeling their importance of contributions to our work family. We pour into them the skills and listen to their needs.
Open communication allows our crew to be AMAZING at what they do and thus has the ripple effect onto our customers. Choose the team that responds like family!
What to DO, and NOT to do, FIRE Damage!
Soot Damage Due to a fire is Ravaging!
While we hope that you are never in an emergency situation caused by a fire, SERVPRO
specializes in Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration. We have over 1,600 franchises in 48
states, and we pride ourselves in making it “Like it never even happened.” In the event you ever
need our services for Fire and Smoke damage, here is a list of Emergency tips to assist you
while waiting for us to arrive.
- Limit movement in the house to prevent soot particles from being embedded into
- Keep your hands clean. Soot on your hands can soil upholstery, walls and wood
- Place dry towels on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty the fridge and freezer to prevent odor
- Wipe soot from chrome faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a
light coating of lubricant
- Change HVAC filter, but leave the system of until a professional check it
- Tape cheesecloth over the air registers to prevent soot particles from getting in or out of
the HVAC system
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted services
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstery
- Attempt to clean any electrical devices (TV sets, radios, etc.)
- Consume any food or beverages that were stored close to the fire
- Turn on ceiling fixtures, electrical may be damaged
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper cleaning can cause more damage
Did you know?
Clean never looked better!
SERVPRO offers cleaning services for both big and small buildings. Whether you need a quick clean on a messy office, or just simply don’t have the tools to clean your commercial building, your local SERVPRO has all the tools to get the job done. Most people are surprised by the fact that we offer a wide variety of cleaning services, and thought we were just a restoration company.
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- HVAC Cleaning
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Interior & Exterior Power Washing
- Emergency Services
Those are just a few of the services we can offer in order to get your space looking as good as new! Call your local SERVPRO today to find out more about how our trained professionals can help you! (541)-745-2097.
Certified: SERVPRO Clean!
Certified Clean Approved!
SERVPRO® of Benton County and Linn County is qualified to clean and properly apply disinfectants according to the CDC’s protocols.
Why Choose SERVPRO? We have over 50 years of experience in cleaning and disinfecting contaminants, including biohazards. We have trained professionals and the proper equipment to go beyond standard cleaning services. We also have training certifications in COVID-19 decontamination.
We clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as:
- Counters and tabletops
- Light switches
- Toilets & other bathroom fixtures (faucets, handrails, tubs & showers) ? Tablets, keyboards & other office (home or business) equipment
We also clean soft surfaces such as:
- Carpets & rugs
- Upholstered furniture
- Exercise mats
The CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting the following areas: ? Kitchen & dining areas
- Schools, classrooms, conference rooms
- Retail spaces, including
- Sales counters
- Racks, shelves
- Hand-rails & elevator cars
- Flooring, regardless of material
- Water fountains
- Carpets, rugs
- Fitness equipment
We Can Get The Job DONE!
SERVPRO of Benton & Linn County knows how to not only start a job, but to finish the job as
well. With ease we can go from mitigation to reconstruction. Did you know we have an in house construction company? Our construction team is made up of several project managers, carpenter teams, and a painting crew. Each project managers walk with you through the process of reconstruction. Pulling permits, discussing changes and working hand in hand with you and your insurance company. Our team is very talented, and will ensure the job is completed to your standards. We pride ourselves in making your home look “Like it never even happened.” Whether it’s a water loss, mold, smoke or soot
damage, we can help will all of it!
Here to Help!
The professionals here at SERVPRO work on the firm mindset of "Here to Help"! This is why people continue to trust SERVPRO Franchises to take care of their most prized possessions and investments, their home and businesses.
We strive to make sure that our crew, production managers and all that are part of the SERVPRO Franchise trained to have the heart to help and excel in their line of work.
Our team members are trained to IICRC standards in Fire and Water Cleanup and Restoration. In addition, we offer continuing education classes for all agents and property managers to learn more about our services.
As a 24/7 365 days a week service provider we are always ready to assist in you fire, water, mold, biohazard or reconstruction needs.
This is why people continue to choose SERVPRO!
Did you know SERVPRO cleans cars?
SERVPRO is not only known for their Fire and Water restoration, but we do plenty of cleanup jobs in our community.
Mostly, we do home cleanup, or business cleanup, but every once in a while, we get the opportunity to clean vehicles.
Recently, we had the honor of cleaning out a police cruiser for one of the local police departments in our area, it was pretty fun seeing it in our warehouse getting cleaned.
People will need car cleaning in the event there is a biohazard, like blood from an accident or someone gets car sick, excessive amounts of dirt, or smoke damage from smoking in the vehicle. We also do mold remediation on cars. We’re here to help when the job needs to be done!
Your house is damaged by water… What do you do?
It is vital to act quickly, before more damage occurs. First you must stop the water source or intrusion. Once stopped, mitigating, or keeping more damage from happening, is where service professionals like SERVPRO of Benton County. SERVPRO can come out to your house, assess the damage, clean and dry the area affected, and restored.
Professionals, like SERVPRO of Benton County can identify water damage in obvious areas, classify the type of water doing the damage, and put together a plan of action to mitigate and restore the affected area. In addition, restoration professionals find areas unseen that have been affected and create access, or use professionally designed equipment, that allows the drying and restoration process to occur.
Whatever type of water damage you may have, whether it is a clean water break, a leaking washing machine, or a sewage leak, it is still very important to address it quickly before further damage occurs. SERVPRO is equipped to handle whatever the situation, whether large or small.
Permanent damage happens quickly, from wood surfaces deteriorating, carpet de-laminating, or mold beginning to appear because of the moist conditions. This is why it is so important to act quickly.
While you are waiting for your restoration professional to arrive, here’s a few things you can do:
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Remove any newspapers, magazines or colored material that may bleed onto carpets.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
To prevent future water damage, it’s a good idea to make sure that you regularly maintain your plumbing and roofing. In your bathroom and other rooms, you should make certain that you have good ventilation, and you should use good insulation in your windows and walls – especially your basement. Make sure as well to clean your gutters regularly and to make sure that there is no overspill. If you are buying a new home, make sure to research the area first to avoid houses on flood plains.
You can also prepare for potential water damage by making sure you keep your most important belongings up high and away from basement level. You should also make sure you have the number of a 24-hour emergency water damage restoration service, like SERVPRO of Benton County, in your phone at all times and you should have good insurance coverage for your home and for your possessions to cover the restoration services and items that needs may need replacing.
Be ready in case of emergency, but if and when one occurs, rely on the professionals at SERVPRO
Water Damage? Act Fast!
When it comes to water damage, SERVPRO is the company to call! We take pride in restoring your property to its pre-damage condition. We take several steps to ensure no more damage occurs, and that the damage that has happened is taken care of as quickly as possible.
- Initial Emergency Contact: We are available 24 hours a day, if you have an emergency, call us right away!
- Inspection and Damage Assessment: When we arrive on scene, we will do a detailed inspection of the damage
- Moisture Extraction: If necessary, we will bring in pumps to extract excess water, and reduce drying time
- Dehumidifying and Drying: Once the excess water has been removed, equipment will be placed to speed up the drying time and help the moisture evaporate
- Cleaning and Repair: Items that can be saved will be professionally cleaned, anything non salvageable will be replaced or repaired
- Restoration: This is wear we restore your home to its pre-damaged condition. This includes replacing flooring, drywall, trim, and painting.