If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 393-9999

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

From Ashes to Beauty: How SERVPRO Helped Restore a Home Damaged by a Cigarette

5/4/2023 (Permalink)

It was just another typical evening for the Johnson family. Mr. Johnson had come home from work, and the family had just finished dinner. After a long day, Mr. Johnson decided to unwind by having a cigarette on the front porch. Unfortunately, this one small act of relaxation would soon have catastrophic consequences.

As Mr. Johnson flicked the cigarette butt into the grass, he didn't realize that it was still lit. The dry grass quickly caught fire, and the flames spread rapidly. Before he knew it, the entire front lawn was ablaze, and the flames were quickly moving towards the house.

The Johnsons' neighbors quickly called the fire department, and they arrived on the scene within minutes. The firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it completely consumed the house, but the damage had already been done. The fire had caused extensive damage to the exterior of the house, and the smoke had permeated the interior, leaving behind a layer of soot and ash.

The Johnsons were devastated. Their once-beautiful home now looked like a charred shell. A friend recommended SERVPRO, a professional fire restoration company that specializes in cleaning up and repairing homes damaged by fires.

The Johnsons called SERVPRO, and they arrived on the scene within hours. The SERVPRO team quickly assessed the damage and got to work. They used specialized equipment to remove the soot and ash from the interior of the house, and they worked tirelessly to repair the exterior damage.

Despite the extensive damage, the SERVPRO team was able to restore the Johnsons' home to its former glory. They worked quickly and efficiently, and the Johnsons were amazed at the results. They were so grateful for the excellent work done by the SERVPRO team, and they knew that they wouldn't have been able to get their home back to its original condition without them.

The Johnsons learned a valuable lesson that day. They realized that a single act of carelessness, like flicking a cigarette butt into the grass, can have disastrous consequences. However, they also learned that there are professional companies like SERVPRO that can help when disaster strikes.

In the end, the Johnsons were grateful for the quick response of the firefighters, the expertise of the SERVPRO team, and the support of their friends and family. They were able to move forward from the experience with a renewed appreciation for the things that truly matter in life – like family, friends, and the kindness of strangers.

Call SERVPRO today if you need restoration support!

Other News

View Recent Posts