Leading Causes Of Water Damage In Salem, OR
Here in the Willamette valley we see water losses within homes and businesses everyday we are out and about in our line of work. Homeowners often come home from long weekends, vacations, or work…to find water running across their floor. What is surprising is the frequency of new high tech appliances being the cause of these water losses.
Here is a list that I have compiled by my observation of working within the Salem and surrounding areas in the restoration industry. You may find it interesting, and it may motivate you to forgo that fridge with the water dispenser and ice maker…
Leading causes of water losses:
- Old, Rusty, Decaying Piping (weakened piping often leads to pipes bursting in walls, ceilings, under sinks, or crawl spaces).
- Appliance Supply Lines (Dishwasher Seals & Supply Lines, Refrigerator Supply Lines, Washing Machine Supply and Return Lines).
- Toilet Overflow (sewage), Bathtub Overflow, Sink Overflow.
- Hot Water Heater Flooding (usually caused by an older/past due for replacement model).
- Storm Water Intrusion/Storm Flooding.
- Water damage and intrusion due to an old and failing roof.
- Human Error (Mr. Fix-it, Homeowners attempting to fix plumbing themselves, Contractors error).
Whatever the cause of water damage to your home or business, you can trust SERVPRO of Salem West to restore it. So call SERVPRO of Salem West to care for all your water loss and remediation needs. We have the knowledge, tools, and training to make it "Like it never even happened."